We are seeking to grow our teams of passionate volunteers and interns. These teams work together with union members, staff and other activists to develop sophisticated boycott campaigns that are designed to move business out of boycotted hotels. In the spirit of Cesar Chavez and the historic farm-worker grape boycotts, our active hotel boycott campaigns have become critical components of our winning strategies.
• Minimum commitment, 10 hours per week.
• Passion for low-wage and other worker struggles.
• Personal confidence and ability to deal with conflict.
• Ability to work well with others in a diverse team environment.
• Fluency in English speaking and writing.
• Basic computer skills (internet search tools, databases, Word and Excel).
Activities include (but are not limited to):
• Researching hotel corporations and their clients.
• Team based development and execution of creative strategies designed to divert and move business away from boycotted hotels.
• Building relationships with other community, labor and political allies to help support boycott campaigns.
• Development and execution of rallies, protests, street actions and leaflets.
To Apply, please contact: